Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Arkansas Highway 7

Today I left Hot Springs and drove north The road between Hot Springs and Y City was stunning. Y City? Why did they name the city Y? Why? I don't know why. This road was winding and hilly and forested and twisty. I had so much fun driving this road. Here I was stopped to wait for a lead car to show us the way past the construction. This is my view to the right.

This is my view to the left. Guess how many skunks I counted dead on the road? I counted 15 dead skunks. Phew! My friend always says the smell of a dead skunk of the way the skunks give us the final middle finger. I saw vultures and 3 hawks and two dead raccoons. I stopped in Alma, Arkansas to have lunch and visit the bank. The bank teller said tornadoes are expected today. I said I would be in Tulsa so I didn't need to worry. He said there will be tornadoes in Tulsa too. He must be one of those weather worriers. There are storms in Arkansas but here in Tulsa rain in expected the next two days. Good think I went for a walk tonight.

The sunset was pretty when I left my hotel to visit the Mexican food truck next door. Yum, I never ate an empanada before.

This was the sky as I waited for my food to be cooked.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...