Sunday, March 5, 2023

Reilly's Luck

 Reilly's Luck was the perfect audiobook to listen to as I drove through Kansas, Oklahoma and Nebraska. I don't like violence but I love Westerns which doesn't make any sense. I guess I am a complicated person. Louis L'Amour was a talented writer. Beau Bridges is a talented reader of books. Val Darrant was abandoned by his mother. His step-father couldn't let the 4 year old freeze in the cold so he brought him to a local gambler named Reilly. Reilly takes Val in and teaches him the ways of the world. Reilly encourages Val to know how to play poker but suggests he not become a gambler. Val learns about poetry, philosophy, opera as well as how to shoot a gun. I totally enjoyed this western tale.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...