Monday, March 13, 2023

Playing For Pizza

 I know that John Grisham is a best selling author but I haven't really read much of his work. Courtroom dramas are not my favorite topic. I did enjoy Playing For Pizza. I listened to the audiobook as I drove home from Nebraska. Rick Dockery is a NFL football player. He has suffered several concussions and is, most understandably, afraid of being tackled. He wakes up in the hospital after the last concussion. His football team, the Cleveland Browns, is no longer behind him. His agent is suggesting he retire. Rick doesn't want to retire yet. When his agent finds him a deal in Parma, Italy, Rick takes the job. He plays for an Italian football team. Only he, the coach, and two other American players are paid. The Italian members of the team are playing for the love of playing the game. Will being a member of the Parma Panthers change Rick? If this book was only about football I couldn't have finished it. This book is also about cuisine, culture, art, architecture friendship, and music.



No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...