Saturday, March 25, 2023

Bong Veteran Museum

Today was "Rosie The Rivetor" day at the Bong Veterans Museum in Superior, Wisconsin. If you dressed like Rosie you could get in free of charge. I didn't dress like Rosie but I did put a red polka dot bow in my hair, raise my fist, and pose for a few pictures. I spent a couple of hours at this museum.

I remember the protests at the U of M in Minneapolis over the Vietnam war. All those students in the street in front of Coffman Union made me anxious about going there in the fall of 1973.

This fur jacket and fur lap blanket was owned by General Goering. Here is a photo of Goering wearing the furs seated in an automobile with Henry Ford who was about 30 at the time. I imagine they were talking about assembly lines and white supremacy.



This was a very nice museum with lots of friendly volunteers.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...