Sunday, March 26, 2023

Monitoring the Ush-kan-wan Stream in Grant Township

I also monitored the Ush-kab-wan stream. This is where I usually walk down to the edge of the water and gather water. But now I am standing on six feet of snow above the road. There was no way to get down to the water level safely. I could throw the bucket in and pull it up but then I would be collecting snow. My sample would be contaminated. 

I think it will be awhile before I can fully monitor this stream. I think an otter or a beaver climbed out of the water, walked over the road and went back into the water. This stream is on a gravel road which is a mile to the tarred road. By the time I got back to the tarred road I had mud and gravel all over my car. I seriously thought I might get stuck in the mud.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...