Thursday, March 30, 2023

Flower Buds Opening With Relief

On January 28th I visited the botanical garden in Houston. I took a medicinal herb class. As part of the class I was given a live calendula plant in a tiny plastic pot. I took that plant home and set it outside my trainer on the Longhorn Ranch. Later I took it to Austin and San Antonio and Arkansas and Oklahoma and Kansas and Nebraska and Minneapolis and then home to Duluth. Many days it spent in the cup holder of my car. Every day I would check the soil and give it a drink of water.

The calendula had flower buds. The buds remained tightly closed until I transplanted it into a larger clay pot about 5 days ago. Now the buds are opening with relief after being root bound for so long.

Like a good stretch after a trip, the calendula unfurls the petals in beauty.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...