Sunday, March 26, 2023

Monitoring The Cloquet River in Fredenburg

Today I monitored my streams. I have been asked to take monthly pictures of the stream upstream and down stream. I saw two trumpeter swans upstream. The swans watched me as I struggled to pull up my bucket. A triangle of snow remains on the bridge so I had to climb up that icy triangle to retrieve the bucket.  The bottom of the snow triangle was a good 18 inches away from the edge of the bridge. Awkward, much? I am glad they didn't leave due to my disturbance. Mergansers and Canadian geese were here too. 



This is down stream. The top of the bridge can be seen in the lower right corner. The stream is normal in volume at this point.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...