Friday, March 24, 2023

I Am A Winner Again!

 

Today I was having lunch at my kitchen table when the phone rang. The area code was in Minnesota so I answered. The lady on the phone said I had won a raffle prize from last night. I won a 25 dollar gift certificate from Love Creamery. Woo Hoo! Today I am a winner. Later, in August maybe, some ice cream will taste real good. I went to the YMCA. After the work out I walked down the hill to the Duluth Transit Authority to ask a question about taking the city bus. On my way back up the hill I decided to take the sky way. In the sky way I found a surplus store. I didn't need any surplus but decided to go in anyway. A couple weeks ago I bought a pair of deer skin mittens with warm lining for Offspring #2's significant other who has very large hands and needed XL size. Here I found another pair of the same mittens for $11 cheaper! I bought those and will return the others. I found my new favorite sporting goods store and it's a lot closer than the other one in Superior. As I drove out of the parking lot I heard a scraping sound. The board under my car that got attached at my last oil change in Texas had come loose and was dragging on the ground. I drove to the closest Valvoline which was 3 miles away. I waited in line for a half hour before it was my turn. The guy reattached the board. I asked, "How much?" He smiled, waved, and said, "No charge!" Seriously? No charge? I am a winner again! Woo Hoo. Being a winner feels very comfortable!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...