Saturday, March 18, 2023

The Partly Cloudy Patriot

Last week I met my former neighbors for lunch. They recommended a book they thought I would like. I guess they know me well because I did like The Partly Cloudy Patriot by Sarah Vowell. The audio book performance has the author reading her book plus guest readers such as Stephen Colbert, Conan O'Brien and Seth Green. Some of the focus of the book is about politics and in particular the 2000 presidential election and Theodore Roosevelt. The author is a history nerd unlike her twin sister who can bake bagels from scratch, shoot an antelope, and raise a son. Sarah includes just the right amount of humorous episodes with her 15 month old nephew. 


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...