Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Surely Spring Is On The Way

 Yesterday I arose early and started driving north and east by 7 a.m. Kearney, Nebraska was fairly quiet at this hour. As I traveled east driving next to the Platte River, the sky was full of cranes and snow geese. The sky held more life than the earth. The farther north I sent the fewer birds I saw in the sky. I arrived in Sioux City, Iowa around noon. By 2 p.m. I was back in Minnesota driving through Worthington. By 4:30 p.m. I was in northeast Minneapolis and my eyes were tired of looking at long distances. Tonight is a full moon and although I could not see it, I knew the moon was there. Today the first grizzly bear came out of hibernation at Yellowstone National Park. Surely spring is on the way.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...