Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Einstein

 

Today my class was about Albert Einstein. We started out with his early life growing up in southern Germany in the town of Ulm. When he was 17 his family moved to northern Italy. Albert was supposed to finish his last year of high school in Germany. Albert disliked the military like discipline of the schools in Germany so he just left and took a train all by himself. He showed up on his family's doorstep. Later he finished his last year of high school in Switzerland. There he thrived because the discipline was totally different. The students were encouraged to use their curiosity to learn new facts. In Germany they had to memorize facts and spit the facts back in tests. Albert didn't like memorizing. I am sure, over the next 7 weeks, I will learn more about this contradictory, complicated person. I have read Einstein's Wife: The Real Story Of Mileva Einstein-Maric so I have some ideas about him already.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...