Thursday, July 16, 2020

Beaver Bay to Beaver Pond Campsite

Today I hiked south bound from Beaver Bay to Beaver Creek Campground. I followed the fault line ridge with a very deep valley below.

Here is proof of what a bear did in the woods.

Here is another view of the valley. See that lake way down there? I will hike along side that lake after a huge descent.

Here is the campground down by that lake.

This is Wilma and Fred Flintstones chaise lounge for their patio.

After a four hour walk I am at my destination. Now I can pull my peanut butter sandwich out of my pocket and head back.

This is one of many grouse I flushed.This one stayed close to me though.We walked parallel to each other for about five minutes. This was a difficult walk with steep hills up and down. At one point I thought it was raining but it was only sweat dripping from my face to my hand. At a later point I thought I was sweating but it was a light rain. When I was about 75% finished with my walk that rain started in earnest. Some times light and some times heavy it rained all the way back to my car. As I walked downhill I could see the water exiting the seams of my shoes. Today would have been a good day to wear waterproof boots. Remind me to put a rain poncho in my hiking pants pocket. Today I added 5.7 miles making my new total on the Superior Hiking Trail 99.5 miles. I have 233 miles left to go.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...