Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Piedmont Knob

Yesterday I parked at the N. 24th Ave. Trail head and hiked to Enger Tower. Today I parked at the Haines Road trail head and hiked 2.9 miles to the N. 24th Ave. Trail head. The walk took me two hours. The weather was pleasant. I walked over a series of rocky outcrops. Rocky outcrops can be difficult because you can't see the trail clearly.

Here is another rocky outcrop. Just look at those beautiful summer clouds.

Here I can look ahead and see a series of rock stairs in the distance. Is it just me or does the  Superior Hiking Trail always choose the most difficult path?

Another view from a rocky outcrop. I believe this one is called Piedmont Knob.

The trail skirts an ominously leaning boulder.

Here the trail crosses Skyline Drive.

The trail descends sharply after Skyline Drive. Here I come to the longest section of boardwalk I have ever encountered on the Superior Hiking Trail. I see boardwalk ahead of me and behind me. I have an easy ten minute walk just on boardwalks.

The trail has a nice bridge over Miller Creek.

I added 2.9 miles today bringing me to 108.5 miles on the Superior Hiking Trail. I have 224 miles left to go.

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...