Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Piedmont Knob

Yesterday I parked at the N. 24th Ave. Trail head and hiked to Enger Tower. Today I parked at the Haines Road trail head and hiked 2.9 miles to the N. 24th Ave. Trail head. The walk took me two hours. The weather was pleasant. I walked over a series of rocky outcrops. Rocky outcrops can be difficult because you can't see the trail clearly.

Here is another rocky outcrop. Just look at those beautiful summer clouds.

Here I can look ahead and see a series of rock stairs in the distance. Is it just me or does the  Superior Hiking Trail always choose the most difficult path?

Another view from a rocky outcrop. I believe this one is called Piedmont Knob.

The trail skirts an ominously leaning boulder.

Here the trail crosses Skyline Drive.

The trail descends sharply after Skyline Drive. Here I come to the longest section of boardwalk I have ever encountered on the Superior Hiking Trail. I see boardwalk ahead of me and behind me. I have an easy ten minute walk just on boardwalks.

The trail has a nice bridge over Miller Creek.

I added 2.9 miles today bringing me to 108.5 miles on the Superior Hiking Trail. I have 224 miles left to go.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...