Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Enger Tower

Today I parked my car at the North 24th Ave. West trail head and hiked to Enger Tower. Along the way I passed by a half dozen very tall milk weed plants. See them lined up like soldiers on the left of the path? They were as tall as I am. I wish I had known this path was so wide. I could have worn shorts. Normally I wear long hiking pants because my skin is so sensitive to poison ivy and other plants. 

This tree in the center looks like it is about to tip toe away to the left.

Although I am in the middle of Duluth the path is very pristine as long as you don't mind the sound of traffic, helicopters and church bells.

As long as I am here at Enger Tower I might as well climb it.

This is the view of the Saint Louis River delta.

This is the view of the lift bridge which is a third of the way up. I think one of the Vista fleet ships is about to leave the harbor for Lake Superior. Today I added 1.7 miles making my new total on the Superior Hiking Trail 105.6. I have 226.9 left to go.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...