Sunday, July 19, 2020

Completed Project

Years ago I bought Carrol Henderson's book Woodworking for Wildlife; Homes For Birds and Animals. I thought when I retired I could make a few bird houses. Today I finished my first bird house and I think it turned out okay. The instructions were confusing but maybe that is because some of them were in the beginning and applied to all birdhouses made from a board of lumber and some of the instructions were in the back specific to the bird I was building for. Or maybe the instructions were confusing because I am not a carpenter. In any case the house is sturdy but not perfect. The picture on the left shows the imperfectly round door to the bird house. I drilled a hole to get the jig saw in. The hole is at the bottom of the door. As the jig saw was coming back to the beginning I curved a little south. There is also a lump at the top. It's not easy cutting a round hole in thick lumber. I suspect birds won't be too fussy when it comes to a free home. I'm glad this project is complete. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...