Sunday, July 5, 2020

Silver Creek to Fors Road

Today I hiked from the Fors Road Trail Head back to the spot on Silver Creek where I stopped yesterday. Hiking along Silver Creek is very scenic. Sometimes I just had to stop and marvel at the view.

Every time the creek held a deeper area I would stop and look for fish. I saw minnows in each pool. I suppose in the spring it is easy for the minnows to travel up and down stream.

This is such a pretty hike.

The riverbank erosion shows how high the water was back in the spring.

I thought these cojoined white cedar were very pretty. Wait, is that thunder I hear rumbling? I hurry back to my car but I don't think I will make it before the rain comes. You know that feeling when the sky is just about to let loose and rain is going to fall on you in the next second? I felt that feeling for about ten minutes before the sprinkles started. I was lucky that I had only sprinkles and not heavy rain. Today I added 2.8 miles making a total of 74.3 miles completed on the Superior Hiking Trail. I have 258.3 left to go.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...