Sunday, July 26, 2020

Mushrooms

Today I attended a informal meeting of the Head of the Lakes Master Naturalist group. We met at the Magney-Snively trail head near Spirit Mountain. Two of the members in the group were experienced mycologists and we found some mushrooms. These are coral mushrooms.

This is a clavicle something or other mushroom.

This is also one of the clavicle mushrooms but only in white. They look like skinny fingers coming out of the ground. Later we found some pink ones too.

We tromped around in the woods for two hours wearing masks the entire time. That was an odd adventure. They told me this is a pinata but I know it's a paper wasp nest.

This lovely mushroom is called plums and custard. It is not edible. I found a chanterelle mushroom so that will be part of my dinner tonight. I had a lovely time meeting new friends and stomping around in the woods.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...