Thursday, July 30, 2020

Brewer's Loop


Today I hiked the section of the Superior Hiking Trail between the Highland Ave. trail head and the Haines Road Trail head. My walk took me over a bridge on Keane Creek and then upstream for some dramatic views of waterfalls and also this abandoned old stone pump house.

Here is the pump house from the other direction. This section of the trail had many people enjoying the water.

After crossing Skyline Drive I hiked uphill to this maple/oak forest that was very pretty.

I had some nice views of Duluth. Soon enough I was back at Haines Road. I started to head back but chose to take the other loop of the Brewer's Loop trail. Today I added 2.9 miles to my total on the Superior Hiking trail giving me a new total of 111.4. I have 221.1 left to go.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...