Sunday, August 16, 2020

Fond Du Lac

Today I was up early so I hiked from the trail head at Fond Du Lac to the Beck's road trail head. At Fond Du Lac I had to hike a .7 mile spur trail before I arrived at the Superior Hiking Trail as shown in this photo. I had a lovely walk up along Mission Creek. There the trail went up steeply into a white pine forest followed by a maple forest followed by as aspen birch forest. I walked along the top of a ridge line that got very narrow in spots. Unlike other areas of the trail I have hiked, this section had lots of top soil. I did not encounter any rocky outcrops or boulders blocking my path.

This large bridge over Sargent's Creek looks twisted in the middle and listing to the left. I made it across safely. From there it was another half hour walk to the trail head on Beck's road where I parked a couple days ago.

This is where I turn around and head back to my car. 

The twist in the bridge is evident from both sides but it felt safe as I walked across.

My walk today was very peaceful and relaxing. I just love exploring new trails. I feel a sense of accomplishment when I am finished. Today I added 2.7 miles making my new total on the Superior Hiking Trail 126.8. I have 205.3 left to go.
 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...