Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Kingsbury Creek


Today I hiked from the Kingbury Creek trail head to the Highland Road Trail head. The weather was pleasantly cool but hiking is hard work and I was sweating! Here I forded a stream without getting my feet wet.

The majority of this hike goes along Highway 35. The noise pollution from the cars and truck going up and down the hill was not very pleasant.

Here is another tiny stream to get over.

I hiked under the railroad tracks. This looks like taconite pellets. Although not completely round, my next few steps were on a downhill slope and those pellets made the path as slippery as trying to walk across a room full of marbles.

I hiked up along Keane Creek and eventually to the trail head where I parked last week. My walk is now half over.  I head back to my car.
I am almost back to my car when this hairy woodpecker flies up and poses for a picture.

I think the woodpecker is getting an ant or a bug out of that post. I would think a bug from a treated fence post would taste different than a bug from an untreated tree. Today I added 3.2 miles making my new total on the Superior Hiking trail 114.6. I have 217.9 left to go.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...