Thursday, August 6, 2020

Magney-Snively


Today I hiked from the Magney-Snively trail head to Spirit Mountain. I was at this trail head before when the Master Naturalists gathered to hunt mushrooms. After a five  minute hike in the woods the trail took be back to the road to go over this cool bridge. I noticed the past two hikes had trails that had recently been weed whipped. I took a chance and wore shorts today. Oh, wearing shorts is so much more comfortable than long pants.

I can just picture Robin Hood and Maid Marian going over this bridge.

Soon after the bridge I was back in the woods. I found a stone foundation. Someone used to live here.

This triangular bridge over the Gogebic St. Creek looks like it could have an ogre living under it.

There are some Spirit Mountain camp sites on this trail.

I am back at the ski hill area where I saw two donkeys yesterday. As I hiked back to my car I came upon a man coming down the trail with a pick hoe. I asked him if he maintained this trail. He said he did, that this was his section to keep up. I said, "Well, good job man. You are doing awesome. Thank you so much!" He had been doing a lot of work. Besides the weed whipping he moved large rocks on the trail and covered them with soil so it was easy to walk across. At other spots flat rocks were laid on the trail like stepping stones. This section is the best maintained section I have walked thus far. Today I added 3.2 miles making my new total 119.8. I have 212.7 left to go.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...