Saturday, August 15, 2015

Crooked Lake

I was hot and I was sticky so I decided to get out on a lake and get some kayaking in.  I drove to Crooked Lake because it's convenient and the boat landing is sandy and easier for me to get in and out.  A strong breeze was coming right at me.  Once I got out of the pac man shaped lily pads the bow of the boat cut through the waves and the splashing felt good.  I paddled hard into the wind.  A boater was trying to pull a water skiier but the skiier kept falling off.  I hand to hand it to the fellow though because even after falling off ten times he kept getting up and giving it another go.  The waves from this boat gave me a pleasant rocking in the lake.  Some people say Crooked Lake is a dirty lake and they talk about it disparagingly.  From where I was sitting in my kayak, I would very much like to live on the body of water and see this scenery every day.  After a half hour of hard paddling I was to the far end of the lake.  From there I turned around and coasted in the wind back to the landing. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...