Saturday, August 1, 2015

Moments

I work with a lot of people during the week.  We see each other in the morning, at lunch, and say good bye at the end of the day.  We spend time together but do we really know each other?  One woman I work with said she would like it if I cam to see a show she choreographed and danced in  I knew she was a coach for a local high school dance line but I did not know she choreographed musicals and danced in them. She said it was the Rarig Center and that sealed it for me.  I have wanted to see a performance at the Rarig Center for two years - ever since Offspring #2 an I walked by it one day.  So we went to the fringe festival event at the Rarig Center tonight.  Right from the start I knew this was going to be a different experience.  The fringe festival had 8 shows going at the same time tonight.  The crowd that gathered to buy tickets were an artsy group.  I could tell they were artsy by the way they dressed.  Artsy people wear classy clothes, asymmetrical haircuts, and chunky jewelry.  The show we saw was "Moments. : The Musical Told Through A Shattered Lens."  The show consisted of 12 songs and my friend danced in 6 of the songs.  The musical was about love and the barriers to love.  This was an adult dance.  Sometimes I was confused and sometimes I totally understood.  Geez, my friend can dance!  My joints ached just watching her on stage leaping and twirling, doing cartwheels and the splits, jumping up on guys and getting carried around in the air.  Who would have thought she did this kind of thing after work?  Not me.  I will look at her much differently from now on.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...