Thursday, August 27, 2015

Patting Myself On The Back

Today I created a report in Apricot for a mailing we do every other month to about 200 people.

I exported that Apricot report into Excel and filtered it by email.  I sent those who don't have email (about 45 people) to someone else to create labels.  I copied all those emails.

I pasted the emails into word and made them all hyperlinks.

I copied all the hyperlinked emails and pasted them into a blind carbon copy.  I attached a digitalized version of the four papers we were going to mail.  I added a explanatory note saying this was an experiment.  I took three deep breaths, told myself "You can do this!" and with one click of my right pointer finger I sent out an email to about 150 people.  I don't know why I was nervous.  What could go wrong except they didn't get the information?  I saved 150 stamps.  So far 10 people have emailed me back saying they got it and they appreciate the email rather than a paper copy.  I really wish my high school algebra teacher could see this accomplishment.  What he taught us in high school had nothing to do with what I did today.  His computer had a roll of 2 inch paper on the side and little holes were punctured leaving white dots of paper all over the floor.








No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...