Thursday, August 27, 2015

Patting Myself On The Back

Today I created a report in Apricot for a mailing we do every other month to about 200 people.

I exported that Apricot report into Excel and filtered it by email.  I sent those who don't have email (about 45 people) to someone else to create labels.  I copied all those emails.

I pasted the emails into word and made them all hyperlinks.

I copied all the hyperlinked emails and pasted them into a blind carbon copy.  I attached a digitalized version of the four papers we were going to mail.  I added a explanatory note saying this was an experiment.  I took three deep breaths, told myself "You can do this!" and with one click of my right pointer finger I sent out an email to about 150 people.  I don't know why I was nervous.  What could go wrong except they didn't get the information?  I saved 150 stamps.  So far 10 people have emailed me back saying they got it and they appreciate the email rather than a paper copy.  I really wish my high school algebra teacher could see this accomplishment.  What he taught us in high school had nothing to do with what I did today.  His computer had a roll of 2 inch paper on the side and little holes were punctured leaving white dots of paper all over the floor.








No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...