Saturday, August 8, 2015

Crystal Cave

Today I drove to Spring Valley, Wisconsin to tour Crystal Cave with a group of Master Naturalist.  We chose to go here because the brickyards in Saint Paul are still closed to the public

I like Crystal Cave better anyhow.  A little brown bat flew around us on all three of the levels.  I guess it couldn't find it's way out.

As a reminder, stalactites cling tight to the ceiling.  Stalagmites might grow taller if they don't get stepped on.

We had a picnic after our tour.  I swear the corn out here is 10 feet tall.

After lunch we went on a nature hike.  We found a paper wasp nest over the path.  The nest was crawling with 30 wasps.  This was the scariest thing I saw all day.

With woods, rolling hills, and pastoral views,  Wisconsin is so beautiful.  I cold definitely live here.

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...