Saturday, August 8, 2015

Crystal Cave

Today I drove to Spring Valley, Wisconsin to tour Crystal Cave with a group of Master Naturalist.  We chose to go here because the brickyards in Saint Paul are still closed to the public

I like Crystal Cave better anyhow.  A little brown bat flew around us on all three of the levels.  I guess it couldn't find it's way out.

As a reminder, stalactites cling tight to the ceiling.  Stalagmites might grow taller if they don't get stepped on.

We had a picnic after our tour.  I swear the corn out here is 10 feet tall.

After lunch we went on a nature hike.  We found a paper wasp nest over the path.  The nest was crawling with 30 wasps.  This was the scariest thing I saw all day.

With woods, rolling hills, and pastoral views,  Wisconsin is so beautiful.  I cold definitely live here.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...