Monday, August 17, 2015

Defending Jacob

I read Defending Jacob by William Landay with some reluctance.  This is a crime novel.  Not my favorite.  The book includes a trial.  Also not my favorite unless it's Jodi Picoult.  But let me tell you, if you are waiting for a book with a surprising and most excellent finish, this is the book for you.  I haven't had this satisfying of a book finish in a long, long time.  While reading this book I really got the feeling I was being transported into the story. The character development was above average.  And Jacob?  The 13 year old protagonist?  Who can really know a 13 year old boy?  You can defend Jacob or you can think he's guilty but he remains a 13 year old boy.  He's a boy; not a man.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...