Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Enjoy The Warmth

Today I visited the police department. I called the police department 4 times. Annoyed and frustrated I called the supervisor to complain. All I got was one department pointing fingers at each other. At 6:30 PM my brother reports the file went through. Now they can START looking for it. This is unacceptable. Then I went to the post office which was super busy because of President's Day. After that I had a delicious lunch of roasted tomato soup and a spicy tofu/kale/grape wrap which ended up being both my lunch and supper. After lunch I went for a walk Friedrich Wilderness Park. But I forgot my sun shirt. I went into the nature center instead. A group of 12 year olds were eating outside. Before I reached the door a man greeted me with a smile. I introduced myself and mentioned I was a MN Master Naturalist. He was very friendly. He introduced himself as a Master Naturalist and the other two ladies too. They were about to have a nature photography class. I asked if I could watch. I watched for 20 minutes.

The kids were restless but they listened up when they learned they could win 300 dollars in green cash and it would go to them. Not to the parents. Not to the school. To you. Their photos were excellent.

Driving home I stopped at this VW dealer. I thought a beetle would get way better gas mileage than it does.

I ate my supper at another park and drove home. I walked this dirt road hoping for a break in the trees. I missed the reddest part of the sunset by 2 minutes. Earlier I sat in the hammock and spoke with Patty, my insurance adjustor. Patty's great. If Patty says she will do something it will get done.  Patty says I should enjoy the warmth because the weather is cold there.

 

No comments:

Fair Hills

The MN Master Naturalist convention is partnering with the Detroit Lakes bird festival this year so we all met at the Fair Hills Resort on P...