Saturday, February 11, 2023

Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Garden

The Wildflower Gardens open at 9. I arrived at 9:15. At 10 was a guided tour and I didn't want to miss that.

I made a cup of delicious coffee in the Keurig machine she has here and I spilled the entire cup of coffee into my purse. I bought another one and drank it at the top of this tower here.

Nice Pool!

At 10 I approached a pretty woman in a pink coat with pink gloves. I said I was here for the tour. I was the only one! Score! A private tour. She is from North Dakota. She knows cold.

Those red berries against the blue sky!

These wooden posts were part of the scaffolding for the construction crew.
 The plan was to pull them out and put rocks in to plug up the holes. But these look nicer anyhow.
Oak Savannah! The architects were young and just out of school. They figured they weren't going to get the job so they gave it their creative best. Good for the Johnson family to choose them.

The Johnson daughters and granddaughter's come here and some of them do research. We weren't allowed in the research areas. The ice storm caused much damage. Now they are worried about oak wilt.

They tied red ribbons around the trees they are worried about. I saw many red ribbons. This windmill is non-functioning.

Luci bought this library for Lynda. The doors can be closed. Those quail are metal statues.

Each bench is a different kind of wood.

Did I go overboard with the pictures?

Yes.

I

Did.

Honeysuckle!

Metal turtle.

Pink!

Did I crawl behind that waterfall?





Yep!

Artwork.

Butterfly bench. I did see a dozen butterflies today but they are hard to catch on camera.

More pictures coming.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...