Tuesday, February 14, 2023

A Walk Down Louis Agusta Drive

Last night the weather report predicted rain and wind. Wrong! I washed my clothes in the kitchen sink and hung them outside on the hammocks to dry in the wind. After that I took a mile long walk down my dirt road past farms and cattle and pigs and chickens and tractors running in the fields. I would really like to drive a tractor too. I heard a Bewick's wren which is a first for me. I heard the Carolina wren, jays, cardinals and house sparrows chirping away. Up ahead you can see they got a nice new bridge. My ranch is a mile away on the right close to where the dirt road meets the pavement.
I sat on the elevated platform where the rancher has a metal table and 3 metal rocking chairs. I worked on my computer for an hour or so researching where to go in San Antonio. Then the three of us had lunch. Grass plucked from the lawn for them. Cheese and crackers for me.
I drove to the library to read the newspaper. I shopped at Target for groceries and a wedding gift. As I saw all the employees wearing red I realized I forgot to wear red. I am wearing orange and green. Nice sunset tonight.
I think this one is named Mammoth. He was just begging me to take his picture.

No comments:

Fair Hills

The MN Master Naturalist convention is partnering with the Detroit Lakes bird festival this year so we all met at the Fair Hills Resort on P...