Thursday, February 23, 2023

Texas Hill Country Is Gorgeous

Today I drove MY car back to the Fredrickson Nature Center which is a 20 minute drive from this ranch.

I arrived about 10. I walked for an hour on the wheelchair accessible paths. I went back to my car to refill my water bottle and to grab the walking sticks.

I walked a more difficult path until a little after noon. I had a picnic.

I organized my car. I found my harmonica. Monica the harmonica.

I heard a Bewick's wren, a golden fronted woodpecker and a white winged dove. Doves are a lovely sign of peace for me. The Carolina wren was talking too. I saw 3 black vultures perched on a traffic light while driving up here.

I love when the plants are labelled.

I took this picture in case I got lost. Not all who wander are lost but I am.

Tomorrow I will go to Government Canyon. I heard you needed to make a reservation. I tried to make a reservation but they don't accept cash. The woman told me just to go without a reservation. As of that moment they had 250 openings. So I do need a reservation and I don't need a reservation? I feel like Alice in Wonderland sometimes.

Look at the little lizard.

Texas hill country is gorgeous. I tried to take a photo looking out of a hole like that one kid did here the other day but so far no luck on that. I went home and made Mexican enchiladas over Texas rice. I sat on the hammock and spoke with my longhorn. She and I get along real well.



 

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...