Sunday, February 12, 2023

Ladybird Garden Revisited Times Three

This beautiful wood cut out is on the new play area for the kids. This is above the door right at the level of my neck.

This is below.

I can see why kids love it here.

Chimney swift tower.

A long board for the kids to use like a balance beam.

Yikes!

I was exercising on the equipment for adults to use while the kids play. I was on an elliptical talking to a girl and her Aunt Martha who grew up on a farm in Texas with Guernsey cows and Holsteins. They grew garden vegetables. She loves windmills too but not the kind that create electricity. I like all windmills. The girl's little brother looked like he wanted to use the elliptical so I let him have it. I tried the exercise bike but that is hard to do when I am wearing a skirt so I kept walking. The garden has a new turf that does not need much mowing. Was it part buffalo grass maybe?

This is the board walk back to the class room area.


Big Bluestems.


I am back inside by the introductory video.

This garden has their own database. Visit wildflower.org/plants-main to explore the database.

So purdy!

I should not have taken so many pictures.

Oh, they got a downstairs? Cool.

This is my view of the prairie from one of the windows downstairs. This would be a fun place to volunteer..

 

No comments:

Fair Hills

The MN Master Naturalist convention is partnering with the Detroit Lakes bird festival this year so we all met at the Fair Hills Resort on P...