Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Moving On

Yesterday was my last day in San Leon so I did laundry and went to the recycling center. I pulled up to the window and the lady said, "You are the lady from Minnesota!" I laughed aloud. She said she remembers my voice. She proceeded to talk for five minutes about her grandparents who took her and her brother fishing in Warroad. Her brother was 14 at the time and was in the newspaper because he caught such a big muskie. I hated to be burning gasoline that long but I didn't want to be rude so I just listened and laughed. This peacock is on a farm just a block from my place.

I stopped at the library to read the Galveston newspaper to see if they had the family-friendly Mardi-Gras event in the paper. They did not. The librarian suggested I try again on the weekend because they don't publish the newspaper every day. Afterwards I walked around town for an hour.

I will miss my deck ducks.

 

No comments:

Fair Hills

The MN Master Naturalist convention is partnering with the Detroit Lakes bird festival this year so we all met at the Fair Hills Resort on P...