Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Book Club - The Birchbark House

Last night was my book club meeting. This group is one of the funnest things I have going. The people there are gracious, entertaining, and as funny as all get out. I enjoy reading yett I get so much more out of a book if I can discuss it with others. I have read many Louise Erdrich novels but this was the first children's book of hers that I have enjoyed. One woman commented that given the wonderful character development, this could become a series much like the Little House series. You should read it.

On another note, I had frost in my yard last night. My tomatoes are OK but the pumpkin leaves were slightly damaged.



No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...