Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Book Club - The Birchbark House

Last night was my book club meeting. This group is one of the funnest things I have going. The people there are gracious, entertaining, and as funny as all get out. I enjoy reading yett I get so much more out of a book if I can discuss it with others. I have read many Louise Erdrich novels but this was the first children's book of hers that I have enjoyed. One woman commented that given the wonderful character development, this could become a series much like the Little House series. You should read it.

On another note, I had frost in my yard last night. My tomatoes are OK but the pumpkin leaves were slightly damaged.



No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...