Saturday, September 8, 2007

White Petunias Are An Exception


After I posted last night I drove to the corner of Kellogg and Wabasha to wait for Offspring #2 to get off the bus. I was there about 9 o'clock with the dog. I thought I'd stroll along the river bluff. I saw a man alone in the dark at the fence so decided against doing that. I thought I'd stroll along a fountain that was lit. There was another man sitting suspiciously near the fountain. Nixed that idea too. So I stood near the Crown Plaza Hotel where everything was very well lit and safer. There were two giant concrete pots with white petunias and ornamental grasses. These petunias did not feel so safe. I stayed near the grand hotel entrance. The dog wanted to go in but I didn't think that would be a good idea. We sat outside. A man on a bicycle approached me and told me how he has two years of experience as a dog trainer and a dog walker. He trained German Shepards from Germany. I was sure glad to see the bus from Northfield pull up.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...