Friday, September 7, 2007

Petunias Equal Safety


I stopped at my local grocery store on the way home tonight to get bananas. Outside the store they have a raised flower bed full of petunias of all varieties. They had lots of the star flowered petunias mixed in with the solid color petunias. There is something about petunias that brings me back in time, especially if there is a lot of colors and the star petunias are in the group. I remember as a child putting my nose into the center of a petunia blossom and breathing in and feeling the flower petals clasp my nostrils until I exhaled. I would rotate the neck of the flower between my fingers and feel the stamens move against each other. I felt safe. I have pink double flowered petunias in flower boxes on my deck. They don't have the same effect on me as the old fashioned petunia patch.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...