Sunday, September 30, 2007

Um! Yah! Yah!

Yesterday I drove down to Northfield again for Family Weekend. Offspring #2 and I spent the day together. We went to a couple concerts. The first concert was Faces - an all male accappella group (much like the Bob's, if you've ever heard of them or else six Bobby McFerrins on stage). They were great. I am amazed what these men can do with their voices. They sang some tough songs (Wipe Out drum solo for instance). the second concert was the St. Olaf orchestra. Man, that is quite a big leap from Anoka High School Orchestra. But I have to remember that Anoka High School orchestra was also a big leap from Sandburg Middle School Orchestra. I had lunch in the cafeteria which was interesting. I had a great meal. I had the best falafel I have ever had. Of course, I've only had falafel a half dozen times but still, it was very good. And I had a black bean and rice burrito. I just like knowing where she eats when she is down there. We had fun driving around, going shopping, just hanging out. Um Yah Yah!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...