Saturday, September 22, 2007

Apple Crisp

I made apple crisp today. I picked the apples off my tree. All the apples were small and many are wormy. I got enough apples out of a bucket to make apple crisp.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pare, core and slice into a 9-inch pie pan 4 cups of tart apples. Season with 2 TB of lemon juice. Work like pastry with a pastry blender or with two knives: 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter, 1 tsp cinnamon. The mixtures must be lightly worked so that it does not become oily. Spread these crumbly ingredients over the apples. Bake about 30 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
I drove to Northfield to pick up Offspring #2 today. We stopped at a shop that advertises apples, cheese, cider and fudge. We bought fudge. Like Homer would say, "AAAHhhh, fudge."

Here is the link to the USO sailor of the year:
http://www.uso.org/gallery/details.aspx?id=163

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...