Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Say Good-bye to Summer




Say good-bye to summer because the season is finished. Fall doesn't officially start until 9/21 but for me, summer is over when the school buses start picking up kids. I hope you had a wonderful summer. I did. Summer is my favorite season. I enjoy hot weather and the freedom to wear minimal clothing. I enjoy the fruits of the summer season. Oranges and apples are good but peaches, plums, raspberries and strawberries are exceptional. I love tomatoes eaten right off the vine. I love corn on the cob and new potatoes. I love having the windows open and hearing the birds sing. I love driving with the windows down. I love seeing worms on the road after a hard rain. I love the smell of cut grass. I love the trees full of green leaves. I love being on a boat in the water. Summer is so comfortable and relaxing compared to other seasons. Summer is my true love.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...