Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Confused Blunder

My dog, Blunder is confused. Here is her picture again. She's on a pontoon boat. By the way, if you think that is me (as some people have) behind her on the pontoon, thank you ever so much. That is a good friend of mine who is 19 years old. Anyway, I believe Blunder is gender confused and species confused. This week I noticed that when she squats to do her business, she squats 3 legged. Her rear left leg lifts up off the ground like a boy dog. Not exactly like a boy dog, but close. She doesn't lift it out at a right angle but the leg is definitely lifted. The first couple times I noticed this I thought maybe the ground was wet or cold on her feet. Now I know there is more to it than that. She is doing it consistently. She lifts the leg when she is on the grass or on the road. She likes to leave her "P Mail" on tufts of grass that grow up in the road, corners, mailboxes, etc. Another gender confused behavior she exhibits is that she will rub herself on your foot if you happen to be cross legged and your foot is extended in the air a few inches off the ground. She's only 9 pounds. If she were a normal sized dog, she would definitely be humping your leg. I thought only male dogs did that. Is this too much information? If so, quit reading now. She is species confused too. When I sit at the kitchen table to eat or to read the newspaper, she will rub her back against my foot back and forth, back and forth, like a cat. I ask you, is she a dat or a cog?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...