Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Bird Lover's Dream

I had a great dream last night.  In my dream I am driving my car south on Victoria Street heading down the hill near Lake Owasso.  As I take the sharp curve to the right I see some big birds standing on the road.  I am excited to see such big birds on the street and I decide to pull over and get a good look and get out the bird book I have in the back seat.  As I see them closer they look like pelicans except the skin is tight under their beaks, their heads are black and their feet are blue, turquoise blue, like a blue footed booby.  Some birds have more turquoise on their heads while others are all black.  As I move my car over to the side of the road and glance in my rear view mirror to see if anyone if behind me, my mirror disappears and I am no longer in my car.  I am sitting on one of those four wheeled scooters like we used in junior high school - a flat square foot board with 2 inch caster wheels. Now I really need to get off the road.  As I maneuver my scooter to the curb another bird comes at me and starts pecking at the hem of my jeans.  I have my legs crossed to sit on the scooter (that would be a miracle if I could bend my legs like that!)  This little bird is tan but is shaped like a brown creeper.  All of a sudden another bird flops into my lap.  Before I can get a look at this new bird I wake up.  What a wonderful dream!
 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...