Monday, February 9, 2015

Fly The Friendly Skies

 Today I flew United Airlines to Harlingen, Texas.  The service was exceptional.  As I truly deserve, they gave me seat 1A which is both an aisle seat and a window seat with plenty of leg room. I was next to the galley.  The attendant and I had long talks about teaching school and grandchildren.  She even offered me a bottle of wine to take back to my hotel.  I declined because I don't drink wine but then I wondered what kind of fuddy duddy doesn't drink wine?  I guess I'd rather chew my calories.  After a long lay over in Houston I flew into Harlingen and took the shuttle to Padre Island.  I arrived at the same time as the sun went down and a fog rolled in.  Already my hair is curier, my skin isn't as dry, and my winter allergies are calming down.  Feels good to be here on Padre Island, Texas y'all.  Palm trees are waving in the breeze.  Bees are invading the personal space of flowers.  Ants are crawling across the sidewalk.  Some kind of grackles with extra long tails line up on the telephone wires.  I love it here already.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...