Tuesday, February 24, 2015

L O N G Day

Yesterday was my first full day of work since December 19 and it was a l.o.n.g. day.  Really long.  Eight and a half hours has never been so long.  But I made it all day.  I wasn't too tired physically but exhausted mentally I guess.  I went straight home to take a hot shower and sit on the couch.  Today was much better and the day wasn't half as long as Monday even though I worked the same hours.  I guess I have to face the fact that I still like working.  I am not ready to retire.  I like the schedule.  I like seeing a bunch of people and socializing.  I like having a big difference between the week days and the week ends.  I like the feeling of responsibility and accomplishment I get when I get a big stack of paper work completed.  I enjoy getting things organized and scheduled.  I like preparing for meetings.  I like going to meetings.  I like it when people ask my opinion.  I like being involved. I really like it when the clock turns to 4 o'clock and I can shut off my computer, put on my coat and go home.  This is a good thing to know because I've only got 4 to 5 more years to work so I may as well enjoy it while I can.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...