Tuesday, February 10, 2015

This Moment Is Worth Half the Price Of This Trip

Here is a laughing full wading in the water.

This bird (willet?   dunlin?) makes it hard for me to identify because either it is a double amputee or is pretending to be a double amputee.

Each room has clips to hang wet swim wear below the window and hurricane shutters above the window.

I watch the waves roll in and rearrange the sand.

Besides walking the beach I walked to the grocery store, sat by the pool to read a book, took the free public transportation bus around the island to get the lay of the land, went out for dinner, and went for a swim.  You know that moment when you are totally happy and think, "This moment here is worth half the price of this trip?"  I had 3 of those today so it's been a bargain.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...