Thursday, February 19, 2015

Frangipani Hotel

I read The Frangipani Hotel by Violet Kupersmith last week in Padre Island.  I thought it would be a good book to read while staying in a hotel.  And I was right.  This book was a great collection of short stories.  One of the short stories was about the Frangipani Hotel and I'm glad I didn't stay there because it was haunted. All of these stories have two things in common: Vietnam and magic.  Magic isn't so unusual. After all we have Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny.  Vietnamese magic is different and incredibly interesting.  This is one of those books that takes you away to another place, another culture, and another reality.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...