Sunday, February 1, 2015

Obsessed

I confess that I am obsessed with the television series House of Cards starring Kevin Spacey.  I rented seasons one and two from the library.  I just finished the 28th episode today and now I can't wait for season three to come out.  Although this is a television series it wasn't broadcast on network television.  I think it was made by Netflix.  In any case, this series is horribly fascinating.  Or maybe fascinatingly horrible.  If you watch it prepare to be disillusioned about our political process.  Kevin Spacey's character is Frank Underwood.  That makes his initials FU which pretty much sums up his character.  Sometimes Frank turns and speaks directly to the audience through the eye of the camera.  When he turns to the camera he says what he really means and it's creepy as heck.  He doesn't do it every episode and I never know when it's coming.  Franks is the kind of guy I never want to meet.  He wants power more than anything else in the world and his wife is right there with him in the power quest.  What lengths this man and woman will go to is positively frightening, horrible and yet fascinating.  I heard this was based on a British series that had only four episodes.  The British series came out just after Margaret Thatcher resigned and reality came really close to the series and it was very popular.  Maybe I'll watch the British version and maybe I won't. First I want to watch Frank Underwood in season three.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...