Saturday, February 7, 2015

Boyhood

I watched "Boyhood."  I recommend you watch it too.  This movie is different because it took 12 years to make it.  The same boy and girl are filmed in this family drama as their relationships evolve with their mother and their father.  The parents are divorced.  Life isn't always smooth.  I've never seen a movie like this before.  I've seen coming of age dramas before but not with the same characters as they age over 12 years.  The boy's name is Mason.  I think my favorite scene is when Mason and his sister are riding in their Dad's car for a weekend visit.  He asks them typical Dad questions like, "How are you?  How was school?  How is your art project coming?"  They answer him in typical kid fashion with one word answers.  He pulls the car over and says this is not how it's going to go. He gives them examples of what he wants them to say; separate examples for the son and for the daughter.  His examples are pretty funny.  Mason turns the conversation back on his Dad by asking, "How are you?  Who did you hang out with this week?"  Dad realizes the rapid fire question and answer sessions are not the best plan.  You have to see it for yourself because my description doesn't do the moment justice. 

PS I also recommend Paddington!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...