Thursday, February 26, 2015

Tuatara

When I emptied my mailbox today, mixed in with the ads, the credit card offers, and the other junk mail was a postcard from New Zealand!  This is my first postcard from New Zealand ever.  On the front is some reptile called a tuatara.  I've never heard of a tuatara before.  If even a postcard from New Zealand can be informative, just think of all the cool things I could learn if I went there.  On the back of the postcard it says that the tuatara grows very slowly reaching sexual maturity at 20 years of age.  In any case I felt honored to get a handwritten note in the mailbox.  I should send more notes out myself.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...