Monday, February 9, 2015

Time To Blow This Frozen Popsicle Stand

In 8 days I go back to work. I feel much better.  There were a few days after surgery where I felt very, very, old.  Now I feel younger.  I have pretty much graduated from using the cane.  I no longer sleep 11 hours a night; only 9 or 10 now.  I wonder how much of that extra sleeping is due to recovery and how much is due to having absolutely no schedule that I have to keep. I am not complaining about sleeping so long.  I actually like it.  I enjoy sleeping without having my right hip throb in pain all night long.  So how do I want to spend my last week off of work?  Continue what I have been doing?  Physical therapy exercises three times a day and two long walks a day plus working on craft projects and reading books and watching movies?  Fuggetaboutit!  My blood is thin and I am sick to death of walking around my block watching out for icy spots. My eyes are continually on the road so I don't slip.  I am also sick of walking in stores and malls.  So I am taking things into my own hands and traveling to a place where I don't have to dress before I go outside as if my life depended on it.  I have the time off so why not?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...