Friday, February 20, 2015

Great Classic Stories

Do you like dark stories?  Do you like to read about murder, crime, insanity and mayhem?  If you do then Great Classic Stories is the book for you.  I listened to these short stories on CD and that is the way to enjoy this book.  Various voice actors read each story.  This book includes "The Tell-Tale Heart" by Edgar Allen Poe.  I loved that story the most because the reader was so talented.  The hysteria and excitement rose so slowly in his voice that I didn't notice at first. By the end the guy is just screaming in a fever pitch which was incredibly entertaining.  I can't read feel good novels all the time and this was a welcome break.  Sometimes I'm in the mood for a little bit of the dark side.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...