Thursday, August 19, 2021

Crazy Distracted

 Last night I sat outside on my tiny deck which is about the size of a twin sized bed. I had my laptop and a cold drink of water and prepared to join in a zoom session about raptors. The speaker was a enthusiastic young lady who really likes raptors. She used descriptions like "tiny toothpick legs" and "fluffy belly." I look down at myself. I do not have tooth pick legs but I do have a fluffy belly. She works at the Raptor Center and she was enthralling. Yet I kept getting distracted. See, for the past week I have been trying to accomplish two things on my deck. One, I wanted to get a chickadee eat out of my hand. And two, I wanted a photograph of the crazy hummingbirds. Yesterday while I ate my lunch outside a female hummingbird got in my face. She hovered right in front of my face. I didn't have my glasses on. Her tiny eye was eye ball to big eye ball with my eye ball. I said, "Pulleeeeze, I beg of you, please do not poke me in the eye. Here is proof of why I couldn't pay attention.















No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...